WHAT WE LEARNED THIS WEEK
Ponder Point: God Dwells with His people
Building of the Tabernacle
God told the Israelites to build a tabernacle.
WHERE WE’RE HEADED NEXT TIME
Ponder Point: God Never Fails
God's people entered the Promised Land.
DID YOU KNOW?
Share these facts to get the conversation started.
• God never failed to keep His covenant promises—and that included giving His people their initial inheritance in the land.
• When Moses died, God, in His sovereign timing, appointed Joshua to “lead these people to inherit the land [He had sworn] to their ancestors to give them” (Joshua 1:6).
• God commanded Joshua not to plan strategies or lead armies because God Himself would do that. Instead, Joshua was to meditate on God’s Word and model this for the Israelites.
• Joshua modeled for the people how to follow God’s instructions.
CONNECT AS A FAMILY
One evening, choose someone in your family to lead everyone else around the house for a few minutes. Encourage the leader to get creative in the path he takes and in the moves he makes, and have him end at the sofa or table. Read Joshua 1:1–18. Point out to your children that Joshua listened to and obeyed God. Ask your children if they would like God to lead them in some specific areas of their lives. Remind them that God will never fail them.
After reading the Scripture passage, discuss these questions together:
• What kind of leader did God desire for His people?
• In what ways was God faithful to His people?
• How is God faithful to us?
questions can easily extend into the rest of the week. Look for opportunities
to bring conversations about God Never Fails into your everyday
The Remember Verse focuses on a character trait of God that’s highlighted in next week’s portion of The Big God Story.
With a mighty hand and outstretched arm;
His love endures forever.
Blessings are often used in the Bible. A blessing can be a prayer of commission, a portion of Scripture, or words to encourage and guide.
A blessing to pray over your child:
(Child’s name), may you know that God will never fail you.